The Ten Commandments Sunday School Lesson Ideas
Scripture Reference: Deuteronomy 5:6-21, Proverbs 3:1-2, ". . ..
Concepts: Rules are important; they keep us safe. God's rules are important; they show us how to live a good and long life. But more importantly, they show us our great need for our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.
AM I GOOD ENOUGH TO GO TO HEAVEN?
Go to this Ten Commandments Sunday School Lesson and find the answer. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-comfort/heaven-goodenough.html
Activities and Games:
1. Rules of the Road - Hold up pictures of traffic signs and see if the children can identify them. Discuss how important it is to follow rules of the road and the consequences.
2. Set up roads on the floor with masking tape. Bring in small cars and trucks for the children to play with.
3.Put up road signs at intersections. Demonstrate how the traffic signs are used.
4. Practice obeying rules game - Make a big red card and a big green card. Instruct the children that when you hold up a green card they can take one step and if you hold up a red card they have to stay in one place. Play until the children end up at a designated line.
5. Play Simon Says.
6. Talk about cheating and how they don't like it when someone doesn't follow the rules.
7. Rules at home list - (for kindergarten or older children) Ask the children what some of the rules they have at home are and write them on the board. When you are finished discuss why they have each rule.
8. Talk about class rules and make a list - talk to the children about the importance of rules in the classroom so that everyone will have fun and stay safe. Let the children make suggestions and write them down as they suggest them. When you are all done, take out 3 to 5 of the most important rules and write them down on a big piece of paper or on the board. Have the children draw pictures to illustrate them or have them make their own book of rules.
9. Have the children make traffic signs - Cut out red, green, and yellow circles from construction paper and have glue them on a rectangle to make traffic signs. Use this verse the emphasize the meaning of the colors:
10. Take one piece each of red, green and yellow construction paper. Discuss briefly what a stoplight is, why we have one and how important it is to obey the stoplight so you don't have a wreck.
11.Have all the children stand up in a circle around the tables. They can march, skip, walk, whatever they want, until you hold up a red card, then they have to stop where they are. Green they can go again, yellow means slow, etc. Play this a few times, then sit back down to color in coloring sheets. Use only green, red and yellow crayons.
12. For an extra time filler or activity, find one of those activity rugs with roads and streets on them, I have seen them at Walmart before. Put on the floor, give the children toy cars and let them play. They will make up their own rules for intersections if they have enough time, it's a blast to watch. You could also bring in a racetrack set if you are really brave and supervise them racing each other.
13. At snack time you could serve stop sign shaped cookies or crackers
Free Downloads....Download Ten Commandments material Free at the following sites:
For more Ten Commandments Sunday School lesson ideas, crafts and valuable info, visit http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/bible_themes_t.html
For Free Sunday School Lessons on the Ten Commandments and the Entire Bible visit: http://children.calvarychapel.com/site/curriculum.htm
For Ten Commandments Games for Sunday School visit the following sites:
CLIMB UP MOUNT SINAI
Players are reminded of how Moses was instructed by God to climb up Mount Sinai to receive the Ten Commandments. Accompanied with a lesson and a craft.
THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT?
A low-activity game whereby players are challenged to arrange the commandments into the order they consider to be the most important, (from greatest to least). Bible lesson included. http://www.sundayschoolnetwork.com/game_greatest.html
TEN COMMANDMENTS DICE GAME -
Players roll dice to win commandment cards. http://www.sundayschoolnetwork.com/game_10commands_dice.html
Ten Commandments Race Players race to fill in the correct answers on the tablets. A great memory builder!
Copy of the Ten Commandments from the Bible - Our CovenantExodus 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
The copy of the Ten Commandments is our Covenant with God. This is found is Exodus 20, as explained from the above verse. We nee
1271 Eastland Rd
Sparta, TN 38583
Jesus is LordThe Confession, "JESUS IS LORD" If the confession "Jesus is Lord" bore such full and weighty content within the context of primitive Christianity, then the question next arises, what was the practical significance of this confession for the life of the church? What place did it occupy in the lives of early Christian believers and worshiping communities? The New Testament makes several points clear.
Jesus Is Lord
- make him your Lord